Follow US

Follow US

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Filipino startup brand


Hey everyone! I have a brand called Sakada and am looking to share it with you guys as well as get some feedback on it. Here is a brief overview on my vision for it.Sakada is a movement to spread the culture of the Philippines and Filipino-Americans. Everyone is invited to wear the clothing; the more it is seen the better. We'd like Filipino pride to remain strong for generations to come. Our clothing derives from influences of our culture.SakadaThe Sakadas were the last organized migration of Filipinos. Around 6000 men, 446 women, and 915 children were migrated to Hawaii in 1946. The Sakadas lived and worked under harsh conditions in Hawaii. They had to deal with prejudicial attitudes from the Americans. It strengthened their sense of inferiority and weakened their self-esteem. This was something Filipino overseas workers have struggled to deal with, but in the end have learned to overcome.I know that most of my products are typical printed garments, but I am trying as hard as I can to separate this from making other stereotypical mistakes most startup brands make. My end goal is to raise enough money, putting 100% of profit back into the brand, and moving to higher quality cut-n-sew types of clothing.Higher-quality tees (not gildan)Not random japanese/chinese letteringsMeaning behind the brandNot capitalizing on sexuality/hot girls to advertiseBecause I don't have a lookbook, I'll give 15% off your next order if you take a picture of yourself wearing some of our apparel and I'll put it up on our site.Site: http://ift.tt/28UvFxU again! via /r/streetwear http://ift.tt/28RNk92

No comments:

Post a Comment