Follow US

Follow US

Thursday, March 31, 2016

I just made a simple Grailed.com blacklist for anyone who's interested (x-post /r/malefashion)


~~TRIGGER WARNING~~Hey everyone, if you're like me and you're tired of hypebeasts posting box logo listings (read: Supreme) in the 'Grailed' section instead of hype then you need this script: Fuck off SupremeScreenshotMy problem with the Grailed filters is that if you don't have any selected it shows everything. The second you select a brand it will filter out all other brands except the one you selected which is called whitelisting. This is useful for people who only want to see specific brands and nothing else.I, on the other hand, like to see everything except the things I know I don't like. Because I haven't expressly looked at every single brand out there and if I used a whitelist I may miss a brand or item of clothing that I otherwise would have liked but am unaware of. This is where blacklists come in handy, because in my case I know for a fact that Supreme is a brand I never want to see ever again in my Grailed feed.So I created a Stylish plugin that uses some simple css regex that searches for a keyword in the linked url of a listing and hides it. By default it will only hide listings with the word "supreme" or "Supreme". You can however extend this simple blacklist to as many or as little brands as you wish by editing the code (it's not hard).Once installed there will be a Stylish icon in your browser's extensions bar, simply click it and then click manage installed styles. There should be a style there called 'Fuck off Supreme.' Click the edit button and you should see two lines of code there:.feed-item a[href*="supreme"], .feed-item a[href*="Supreme"]{display: none;} I include both lower and upper case names just in case. I haven't tested to see if this is required but I do it just to be safe.All you need to do to extend this to other brands is copy and paste this code and change the area inside quotes to be whatever word you like and if it finds that word in a listing it will hide it. For instance this is my personal list:.feed-item a[href*="supreme"], .feed-item a[href*="Supreme"], .feed-item a[href*="nike"], .feed-item a[href*="Nike"], .feed-item a[href*="palace"], .feed-item a[href*="Palace"], .feed-item a[href*="jordan"], .feed-item a[href*="Jordan"], .feed-item a[href*="bape"], .feed-item a[href*="Bape"]{display: none;} Just remember that the last rule before the "{" doesn't have a comma, but all others require it.Note: This doesn't edit your filters, this is just on top of your filters and you'll start to see lots of gaps in your feed now. This is because of how Grailed lays out their listing page so I can't make it seem like it never existed. But you can smugly smile to yourself when you see gaps in the listings knowing you aren't seeing any shitty brands anymore.In the future I might make a more in depth extension that will actually edit your filters to blacklist brands but for now this works pretty well. via /r/streetwear http://ift.tt/1qkDIuq

No comments:

Post a Comment