Follow US

Follow US

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Personal Uniforms: If it ain't broke don't fix it


Although the current fashion climate is such that consumerism and rotating wardrobes are at an all time high, many people still manage to fall back on their favorite items on a consistent basis. I have come to realize (after very little self searching) that I have a very comfortable personal uniform that i will wear almost every other day. I figured I would go over mine and talk about why its so practical as well as hopefully inspire some people to do the same.Top- Uniqlo Merino LSDue to its merino wool construction, this "sweater" manages to be both cozy and lightweight. in the warmer months i feel comfortable and breathable. when its cold this acts as a great base layer and pairs with pretty much anything. Also, for people unfamiliar with the most essential and technical feature of merino wool... it doesn't smell. Truly I have never had either of my merino sweaters attract any odor in the slightest (Disclaimer: this may vary person to person and you still need to wash yourself regularly)Bottom- Arc'teryx Veilance Field PantMade of gore-tex wind-stopper, these pants completely destroy the winter months and rainy days alike. ostensibly waterproof for anything other than torrential downpours the field pant manages to blend the function of 5.11 tactical pants with a tailored pant akin to traditional menswear. The cut of these is flattering and loose enough for daily comfort while remaining professional and relaxed. The pockets are spacious and the cargo storage has a small internal flap that ill go into a bit later. I could gush about these all day as they truly are my favorite pants but ill spare you.Shoes- Nike x Acronym LF1 MultiDespite frequently switching these out for my common projects I think i still get more wear out of my LF1s. Constructionally the zip makes for easy on and off and despite being the only acronym piece in the outfit it is by far the least technical (sorry Errolson). They manage to add a pop of color while not taking too much attention from the rest of the outfit and i only manage to like them more and more with how much I'm beating them up.Shell- Winter: Arc'teryx Veilance Patrol Down Coat Not Winter: Arcteryx Veilance Conduct AnorakThe price of the Patrol is absurd. I'll come out and say it. That being said much of the craftsmanship is abundantly clear after only a few minutes of wearing the jacket. With a production time of close to 18 hours for a single jacket, this powerhouse piece keeps me warm though the severe Boston winters and when detached can act as a quality shell or down jacket respectively. I will say that becuase of my height I partially regret not going with the Monitor Coat which is a bit longer.The Conduct Anorak was the item that got me interested in Veilance. its sleek, understated presentation along with its soft c-knit Gore-tex composition makes this easily the most comfortable ""rain jacket"" I have ever worn.Accessories- Arc'teryx Casting Card Wallet, Handgrey H4 Carabiner and Arc'teryx Veilance Nomin Pack V1 Now Revised.I have fully committed myself to being "that guy" who asks every store if they accept apple pay because i simply hate carrying bulky wallets and cash and dealing with all that. The minuscule Casting Card Wallet manages to be just what i need. big enough only to carry ~6 cards and no cash, I found my own personal sensibilities reflected perfectly in this silly small bi-fold.Its a carabiner. It holds my keys (well key) and school ID. Should I have spent 110 dollars on it and a keyring? no... probably not... but who cares I like it.Since my purchase, the Nomin pack has been revised and my lovely friend (and healthy competitor for most Veilance influence) Bernard goes into poetic detail comparing the differences and I couldn't agree more with his assertions.Ecosystem and Closing thoughtsSo remember when I mentioned the internal pocket on in the cargo pocket of the field pants? Well the reason that is such a key detail is because it is exactly the same width as my Casting Card Wallet and Iphone. Now it may not be Acronymjutsu but one reason I come back to this outfit day after day is because every piece plays off of the other in a way that maximizes comfort, function, and style. Now i recognize a lot of this is simply brand continuity but regardless its something that i appreciate in my clothes and why this remains my quintessential daily outfit.if it ain't broke don't fix it.Im happy to answer any questions about the items I've listed and want to open the discussion for people to write about their personal uniform and why its important to them.inb4: Veilance Shillx-post r/streetwear r/techwearclothing r/malefashion via /r/streetwear http://ift.tt/2HqpjpK

No comments:

Post a Comment