Follow US

Follow US

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

[DIY] Techwear Pants made from winter ready Schoeller softshell [ART]


DIY Techwear Pants made from winter ready Schoeller softshell.Check out the gallery and project log below:http://ift.tt/2HwpXCk I set forth to make my first pair of pants with any kind of form or shaping... my previous efforts were all shapeless tubes for legs. I have say, I'm incredibly proud of these things, everything ended up landing almost exactly where I expected on the body and I learned a hell of a lot about crafting technical garments... eyes opened for more technical garment experiments in the future..I set out to make two pairs, but the order of operations on these was a real brain teaser so pair two - made from a ACR Stotz style textile - will come later with a few extra features added. Pair number one was made from the heaviest duty and strongest winter softshell in my small collection, (it's been really cold in Vancouver lately), a Schoeller fabric again, this one most comparable to WB400. Super durable wind proof water-resistant outer face with an ultra comfy fleece backing against body..The pattern around the knee was inspired by Guerilla Group's new Denim Dyneema hybrid pant the "18S-ES-PD01". I wanted something with a lot of fairly radical geometric gussets which add lots of volume and provide a completely unhindered range of movement. I don't like pants that are very wide around the thigh when looked at straight on so I was careful to build out the volume forwards and backwards... giving two entirely different silhouettes when seen on front/back or from the sides..Instagram (pics soon, promise):http://ift.tt/2GsFDFm again to everyone for reading! Please share your feedback positive or otherwise, or make a suggestion for a project for me to take on in the future!-end- via /r/streetwear http://ift.tt/2C77RHJ

No comments:

Post a Comment