Follow US

Follow US

Saturday, February 17, 2018

[Discussion] Is Adidas Washed in Hypebeast Culture?


I just had the chance to watch Richie Le’s new Hypetalk video and I think this would be a great discussion to further build upon on this sub, just to be able to get a broader range of opinions on what was covered in the video. Here is the link to the video to hopefully aid the discussion of the topic at hand:https://youtu.be/GTNPGXJ_3CgI want to start out by saying I’m personally bi-partisan between the Yeezy brand and Jordan brand, and I know the following is the most hypebeast thing to say but I don’t ever wear anything besides Jordan brand or Yeezy from both companies. I have not owned an Adidas GR or Nike GR in years.Now think back to about a year or two ago, I know I personally can’t even begin to recount how many IG and YT hypebeasts that I’ve seen covered head to toe in Adidas branding because of the hype around the Yeezy line at that moment in the culture. Ever since the Yeezy brand was heavily diluted due to the odd choice of giving us the same shoe model in ten different colorways, I haven’t really seen what I like to call the, “Adidas fuckboy uniform” in a hot second, and I’m assuming that’s partially due to the availability of the Yeezy shoes in general now (whether it be lower resell prices or high end replicas) and the fact that Virgil essentially helped Nike take over Q3/Q4 in 2017 with the Ten release.So what I’d like to ask is do you personally see anyone repping Adidas head to toe anymore like they were about a year or two ago, whether it be online or in person? And speaking purely from a hype perspective, do you see any big names in streetwear or other, “influencers” wearing general release Adidas? Is Nike themselves even making any GRs that are gaining traction here in our community? Let me know! I’m not the best writer but this is an interesting topic to me... and one more thing I’d like to throw in just because hopefully some people will read this whole wall of text, does it seem to anyone else that Music/Streetwear as a whole has somewhat come to a standstill in terms of creativity ever since Kanye has been laying low? via /r/streetwear http://ift.tt/2BASkyL

No comments:

Post a Comment