Follow US

Follow US

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

[Review] SL/10H Royal, CP achilles low red, Raf x Stan distressed black


Wassup, I am bored and have nothing to do today so I decided to make a review of some (mid-end) designer shoes about the fit, comfort, quality and price point. English is my second language so I would like to apologize for any grammar and spelling errors. I will be reviewing the Saint Laurent SL/10h Royals, CP Achilles low red and the Stan smith x Raf simons in distressed black. Keep in mind that I have a little bit of a wide feet and am a size: us8/eu41 in most Nikes and Adidas us8,5/42 in Adidas Ultra Boosts and Asics gl3 us7,5/40.5 in Adidas Stan smiths Comfort ranking will be 1-10. A ranking of 5 will be like a regular Stan smith and 10 a Ultra Boost. I will give advice on the pricing and what would be good price to buy them. And I am not taking Brand Name in consideration, purely based on quality and comfort. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I am also trying to minimize my sneaker collection, so if you are interested pm me. ps: I don't know how to make text bold or any of those fancy things so it will look pretty boring.Saint Laurent SL/10H: Fit: Got a size eu 40+ (40,5 or us7,5) I read about going down a half size and so I did, in my opinion they fit good with my about 3-5 mm room left for my toes. If you have very thin/skinny feet I would recommend going a entire size down, so for me that would have been a 40.Comfort: The comfort is nothing to special, what you would expect from a designer sneaker. I would say they are as comfortable as a pair of leather chuck taylor all star. What I liked about the comfort is that it really 'hugs' you feet and you feel really secured. The entire lining/inside is from leather and will form to your feet after a few wears, which will add comfortability. Ranking: 6.5/10 You don't get any real cushioning except for the leather insole, but with the lockdown and all leather lining it feels really nice.Quality: The quality is of course amazing with these sneakers, one of the best leather in terms of quality I have ever felt. Something to keep in mind with this leather is that is a smooth leather, so it won't show any creasing if you haven't worn it so much. There were no glue stains, loose threads or damage marks. Packedging is btw the best I have ever seen, comes with a enough paper for about 5 shits on the toilet and the box is sturdier than it seems from pictures.Price point: The price for these are €550,- + IMO that is to a little to much for these sneakers. For Saint Laurent they are oke, but I said that I would base this of quality and comfort. Even tough the quality is good, it is not as great as I expected it to be, the leather is firm and stiffer that I would have hoped. The comfort is also not the best but alright considering it doesn't have any 'special' cushioning. Recommend price point: €375-400Pictures: http://ift.tt/28Qkmbb Projects Achilles Low Red: Fit: Got a size eu 40 (us7/uk6) I read about going down a full size and so I did, in my opinion they fit oke with a lot of room in the toebox. My toes are around 5-8 mm away from the the toebox. I personally find that they fit a little weird with the ultra longggg toebox. It tapers in the toebox and because my feet aren't eally skinny it can't really fo further. I recommend always going down a full size in these for normal and wide feet. If you have extremely thin/skinny feet I would recommend going down 2 sizes, so for me that would have been a 39.Comfort: The comfort is actually alright and better than I thought. The low top cut feels great combined with the leather lining (don't know how to explain it). Just like the SL10H it really 'hugs' you feet but you won't feel as secured because it is a low top. The entire lining/inside is also from leather and will form to your feet after a few wears, which will add comfortability. Ranking: 7.25/10 With these you also don't get any real cushioning except for the leather insole. The leather insoles on the CP do feel softer than the SL/10H imo.Quality: The quality is amazing and better than the SL/10H. This is because the leather is softer to the touch and feels more natural. The crease on the leather is also velly velly nicuu. The leather becomes even softer. my only complaint with the creasing is the creasing in the toebox, it creases right in the middle because of the elongated length. The lining is the same kind of leather as the inside and feels really nice. There were no glue stains or loose threads, but there was a little scratch of 2mm on the left shoe (don't know if it's because of the production or other customers).Price point: The price for these are about €325,- but go on sale about 2 times a year. IMO that is to a little to much for these sneakers even tough the great quality. I know that there is a LOT of hype on these and I kind of understand why. The quality is what I was expecting, comfort is good but it lacks in the fit. Recommend price point: €225-250Pictures (take with samsing s7 so irl the red is darker): http://ift.tt/28XdQOW Smith x Raf Simons Distressed Black: (I am sorry but I don't really feel like going in deep on these, I am tired already and there are alot of review about these) Fit: Got a size eu 40 2/3 (us7.5/uk7) When a half size down, and recommend that for every type of feet if you want a snuggy fit. If you have really wide feet it is maybe better to go tts. There is noticeably alot of room in the toebox.Comfort: The comfort on these is better than both the SL/10H and CP achilles. The insoles are more cushioned and also are from leather. They also have more vertilation due to the holes on the side of the R. They are also alot more comfortable than regular Stan smiths and fit better. I will give it a 8/10 comfort wise.Quality: The quality is alright, when I got them I was just a little underwhelmed because I was expecting Common project quality (I know I was stupid). The leather on them a noticeably thinner than the others especially on the sides. This pair is also finished with a shiny finish which I didn't really like. I you look at the leather of the 3 sneakers these will look the best because it is a tumbled/distressed finish. But if you feel the leather these are the lowest in quality (still great quality though).Price point: These go for about 305,- euros. These also go pretty often on sale for about 250 euros. Imo this is to high for the quality that you are getting. Recommend price: 200-225,-Pictures: http://ift.tt/28TvGRD via /r/streetwear http://ift.tt/28PhVHD

No comments:

Post a Comment