Follow US

Follow US

Friday, June 24, 2016

My experience at the Kanye pop-up store in Paris


Here's a recap of how my day went at the pop-up store today. This morning, I arrived at the store at around 8:30am, expecting to be maybe 100th-150th in line, considering how people were lining up the night before for the pop-ups in the US. Signed up on the list and surprisingly, there were only about 30 people in front of me. Not sure if it's because it's a Friday or if people in France just aren't as hyped on Pablo merch as in the US. Line was getting bigger at a pretty slow pace until around 10am when it started getting lengthy. They started letting people in a bit after 11am, 5 by 5. By that time, there were maybe 200 people lined up? Not too sure. Anyways, you still had to wait quite a while since they let people take their time inside. After waiting for about 5 hours, I got in the store at around 1:30pm. It was way smaller than the ones in NY and LA, same feel and aesthetics. Military jackets were nice (400€ tho), most pieces had 'PARIS' written in the front which I really liked. However, I wasn't really feeling the lyrics that were chosen for the pieces ('What if we fucked at this vogue party', 'in town for a day what the fuck we doin'), felt 2edgy4me so I ended up going with the ultralight beams tees (the white ones, not the ugly neon green/lime). They also had the denim jackets (white and blue) as well as hoodies with several 'PABLO' written on the back. Not sure for the other employees but the cashier who helped me was texting at the same time and wasn't really focused. When I got out of the store, the line was pretty insane, not sure if everyone could go inside. If you want to hit the store tomorrow, I'd recommend going there at least 2 hours before the opening (maybe even 3 if you can cuz it's Saturday) if you don't want to spend over 5 hours in line. So yeah, that's pretty much all I can think of, sorry if I made any mistakes, English isn't my mother tongue, probably forgot a few things so feel free to AMA. via /r/streetwear http://ift.tt/28SO4d3

No comments:

Post a Comment