Follow US

Follow US

Monday, April 4, 2016

[feedback] Idea for a denim jacket


I started sewing last summer, and since then I made this noragi which I shared in a WDYWT. Recently I made some other stuff which I will hopefully show you in detail in a future post: kimono-style winter coat and olive shorts.Now I look for some feedback for my next project. these are the sketches for a denim jacket I want to make. The overall shape is of course the typical trucker jacket. I tried to make the shape a bit more "streamlined" with the pockets fitting the seams and mainly using 90° angles for the front part. Also, I'd like to add shoulder gussets. I guess they are not necessary, but since I want a slim fit on this, they might come in handy.The Next Idea is to add piping at those seams to highlight them. Those will most likely be white, while the rest of the jacket is a washed light blue.Some people like them, some dont, but I'm a sucker for zippers. I wanna make zips at the sleeve as well as the side, but I want them to be covered up if they're fully closed and buttoned, so it gives the option of a look without zippers.The last and for me the most controversial feature are the stripes (white/blue like the piping). Everything screams off-white clone for me. Even if they are in a different location (and i think off-white has done only printed stripes, not sewn out of two different fabrics. correct me if I'm wrong), it looks very similar. But I really like the look and I feel It adds a lot to the jacket...as you might have guessed from the noragi and the coat, I really like to bring in some patterns or motives with fabric and stitching instead of printing or painting (no hate, there are lots of awosme DIY pieces on this sub)So yeah, if you have some feedback on any of the design points or ideas, especially for the shoulder part, please let me know. via /r/streetwear http://ift.tt/1Xbd69H

No comments:

Post a Comment